Mechanical Engineering is a very vast field and most of them work only in a particular field. I have gathered some basic mechanical interview questions so that everyone can gain basic knowledge in every field.
Quality Related Questions for Mechanical Engineers
- What are the different types of measuring instruments?
- Least count of Vernier and Micro-meter
- How do we calculate the least count?
- Six Sigma
- Thumb rule for inspecting materials?
- What are the various responsibilities of a quality engineer?
- What else, besides quality monitoring, can you suggest to ensure the quality of materials?
Basic Design Related Questions
- What is the difference between the first angle and the third angle?
- What is the difference between ASME and ISO standards?
- What are different types of fits?
- What are the factors that affect the factor of safety?
- Draw SFD, BMD diagram for cantilever beam?
- How do you calculate the torque required for tightening a screw?
- What is P&ID?
- What are the types of Welding symbols?
- Tolerance Stackup
- How do you calculate the weight of a given part?
Simple Creo Related Questions
- Can we convert a solid part into sheet metal part?
- What is Master Assembly?
- What is Simplified representation?
- Why do we use representations in Creo?
- Can we create a Bill of Material (BoM) table for simplified representation?
- How do we calculate the development length of a sheet metal part in creo?
- Why do we use relations in Creo?
- What is the use of Relief in Sheet metal operations?
- Why do we use the merge/inheritance command in Creo?
- Can we arrange the parametric part table in the way we want?
- What is skeleton modelling, why do we use it?
- Types of Skeleton modelling?
Basic Interview Questions for Mechanical Engineer working in Fabrication Industry
Fabrication industry specifically involves work related to channels, angles, I-beams, etc. where you need to design and manufacture structures. So if you need to work in this field then you need to have basic knowledge of the following questions;
- Different types of structural components available in the market.
- Difference between seamless pipe vs ERW pipes?
- What Is Difference Between Jigs And Fixture
- Difference between Production And Manufacturing?
- What Is the difference between Lean Manufacturing And JIT?
Interview questions for Sheet metal Industry
- How do we calculate the development length of sheet metal with formula?
- What is the basic assumption of Spring back and its calculations in Sheet metal design?
- What are the defects occurring in Sheet metal part while manufacturing?
- Lowest possible tolerance that can be achieved in sheet metal bending operation.